General representatives may contribute to the MGA in any of the following ways:
- Attending the monthly MGAEC meetings, contributing to decision making and voting on issues of concern.
- Conducting some background research to support an MGA submission.
- Talking to graduate students in their department/course/faculty to find out what the current issues are.
- Contributing to one of the many subcommittees that are created for a specific event/issue.
- Volunteering at an MGA orientation, social event or seminar.
My name is Yingheng Tan, and I have just commenced my Masters degree in Business at Monash University. I came to Australia in 2017 to study and moved to Melbourne this year. I previously completed my Bachelor of Business degree at University of Tasmania majoring in marketing. I hope to make positive changes in my community and grow my passion for marketing.
I appreciate this opportunity to contribute to and make a change for the benefits of graduate students. I understand the importance of student feedback and contribution in making an improvement of overall student experiences. I will do my best to support the graduate community and enhance graduate students’ learning experience. And I’ll pay particular attention to the mental health of graduate students, and hope to make efforts to support their mental health.
I believe I can provide help for graduate students throughout their study journeys, and help to enhance their experience and adapt to the Monash University community.
I enjoy watching movies, listening to music, and doing all kinds of sports outside of study, such as jogging, yoga, and badminton. I am passionate about language learning and particularly interested in Japanese.
Would you like to join a University committee?
To apply for an advertised University committee vacancy, fill out our ‘Monash Graduate Student Representative’ nomination form.
To be notified when relevant University committee vacancy is available, please fill out our ‘University Committee Expression of Interest’ form.