Join our monthly gatherings for HDR students to connect, compare notes and network.
Are you a PhD or Masters by Research student at Monash? That means you are a “HDR student” and you should definitely join one of our regular social gatherings that are just for you and your kind!
These socials are a great opportunity to meet people going through the same research journey as you, exchange ideas and network with students from all different faculties and disciplines. Even better, your snacks and your first beer, wine, juice or coffee will be on us!
Spaces are limited because of COVID- safe restrictions – so make sure you book your place to avoid disappointment!
You can also join our Facebook Group to stay connected with other HDR students.
Upcoming dates: First Wednesday of each month
- Wednesday, 5 May
- Wednesday, 2 June
- Wednesday, 7 July
- Wednesday, 4 August
- Wednesday, 1 September
- Wednesday, 6 October
- Wednesday, 3 November
- Wednesday, 1 December
Time: 5:00pm to 6:00pm
Venue: Cinque Lire Café, 15 Innovation Walk, Clayton Campus
When you attend an MGA event, please follow these guidelines to ensure everyone’s health and safety:
- Observe physical distancing (1.5 metres) where possible.
- Practice good hand hygiene.
- Carry a face mask with you when you leave home unless you have a lawful reason not to. Wear your mask whenever you cannot keep 1.5 metres distance from others.
- Cough and sneeze into tissue or elbow.
- Scan your Monash student card upon entry and/or provide your name, email and phone number before entry for the purpose of possible contact tracing.
- Stay at home if you are feeling unwell.
You will not be permitted to enter an event if:
- You are experiencing any flu-like symptoms such as fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, loss of sense of taste or smell. Please get tested for COVID-19.
- You have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- You are awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19.