General representatives may contribute to the MGA in any of the following ways:
- Attending the monthly MGAEC meetings, contributing to decision making and voting on issues of concern.
- Conducting some background research to support an MGA submission.
- Talking to graduate students in their department/course/faculty to find out what the current issues are.
- Contributing to one of the many subcommittees that are created for a specific event/issue.
- Volunteering at an MGA orientation, social event or seminar.
I am a PhD student within the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Science. Meanwhile, I am a mother of a 1-year-old.
My journey at Monash Uni began in July 2016 as a Master’s student in Biomedicine and Health Sciences. After finishing my master’s degree, I worked as a Research Assistant at Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute till 2021 when I started to pursue my PhD.
Six years at Monash University is not a short period of time. I made a few big life decisions in these years. As a female and an international student, I know how hard it could be to balance multiple roles in family and career life. In 2021, I started an online parent group for international parents who are particularly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. So far, I have more than 80 members, hold 3 events (25-100 attendance) and a lot of small gatherings. In doing so I hope to make people feel connected and heard, as well as make our community even more supportive.
Being part of the MGA executive committee, I am looking forward to improving the support structure for student parents and providing our students with additional support, social events and mental health services.
Reading, reading, reading! Reading is my favourite. Photography and travelling come next.
Would you like to join a University committee?
To apply for an advertised University committee vacancy, fill out our ‘Monash Graduate Student Representative’ nomination form.
To be notified when relevant University committee vacancy is available, please fill out our ‘University Committee Expression of Interest’ form.