General representatives may contribute to the MGA in any of the following ways:
- Attending the monthly MGAEC meetings, contributing to decision making and voting on issues of concern.
- Conducting some background research to support an MGA submission.
- Talking to graduate students in their department/course/faculty to find out what the current issues are.
- Contributing to one of the many subcommittees that are created for a specific event/issue.
- Volunteering at an MGA orientation, social event or seminar.
I am in my penultimate year of the Juris Doctor at Monash University. Prior to commencing the JD, I completed a Bachelor of Science, majoring in Physiology at The University of Melbourne. Therefore, my academic interests vary across a range of subjects. During my science degree, I took the opportunity to go on a six-month exchange at The University of Glasgow in Scotland, where I was a member of various sporting groups and societies.
My previous educational roles and career roles have no doubt given me the requisite skills and qualities necessary for my role as a General Representative on the MGAEC. As I enter into the latter half of my JD, I welcome the opportunity to contribute to the wider university community by being a part of the MGAEC, with a vision to ensure that a high degree of representation and diversity is maintained.
My interests include bike riding and hiking, which I endeavour to do when I have time off from university and work. I also enjoy cooking, eating interesting dishes and trying new foods and travelling – and occasionally, all three at once!
Would you like to join a University committee?
To apply for an advertised University committee vacancy, fill out our ‘Monash Graduate Student Representative’ nomination form.
To be notified when relevant University committee vacancy is available, please fill out our ‘University Committee Expression of Interest’ form.