General representatives may contribute to the MGA in any of the following ways:
- Attending the monthly MGAEC meetings, contributing to decision making and voting on issues of concern.
- Conducting some background research to support an MGA submission.
- Talking to graduate students in their department/course/faculty to find out what the current issues are.
- Contributing to one of the many subcommittees that are created for a specific event/issue.
- Volunteering at an MGA orientation, social event or seminar.
I completed a M.Sc. in Chemical Engineering. I was working in industrial and academic research in different countries (Austria, Australia, France, Hungary and Germany). I am now focusing on my Ph.D. and working on next-generation technologies for the electrosynthesis of ammonia from renewables. As a result of the high energy demand of the current ammonia production method, more than 1% of the world’s total energy is consumed in the process. I hope to find a more environmentally friendly and more economically viable way to produce ammonia, thereby making it available for use as a sustainable fuel, a renewable feedstock for the chemical industry and a renewable fertiliser for agriculture.
My journey with the MGA began in March 2021 as a HDR mentor. I believe my role at MGAEC,will provide a platform for me to help graduate students if they face any issues during their studies. Additionally, I would like to enhance general student’s experience at Monash university.
I love nature therefore, I try to spend as much time as I can outdoors. I enjoy trekking, snorkelling and dancing. I love travelling and have visited 71 countries and plan to visit more.
Would you like to join a University committee?
To apply for an advertised University committee vacancy, fill out our ‘Monash Graduate Student Representative’ nomination form.
To be notified when relevant University committee vacancy is available, please fill out our ‘University Committee Expression of Interest’ form.