“Gimme ten thousand words… and repeat!”
The MGA Virtual Thesis Bootcamp is a free, four-day intensive writing Zoom workshop for HDR candidates who want to take their thesis to a whole new level. We will provide the sustenance, guidance and supportive environment for you to maintain the kind of laser-sharp focus required for getting a HUGE amount of writing done in a short amount of time.
What does the program include?
- A pre-camp pack containing various goodies such as snacks to fuel the brain.
- Regular stretching, yoga and mindfulness sessions to keep you focussed and motivated.
- 1:1 consults with a Learning Skills Advisors to help you work through any writing challenges (TBC).
- Daily prizes for those who write the most words at the end of each day.
- Dedicated time for you to get to know the other participants.
- A $30 Uber or Coles Food Voucher to buy lunch on the last day of the camp.
When is it happening?
Monday, 25 October to Thursday, 28 October 2021 via Zoom.
We may provide on-campus opportunities for this schedule if restrictions ease by this date.
This is your opportunity to join other HDR candidates from different disciplines across Monash University for a challenging and rewarding week of intensive research writing.
- Log online each day with a writing plan and materials prepared (articles, notes, chart) so you are able to concentrate on your writing without any interruptions.
- Set your own target of how much writing you want to achieve during this Bootcamp, with 10,000 – 12,000 words being a suggested goal.
- Focus on drafting new material for the thesis as opposed to editing, revising, or re-hashing existing content. During the Bootcamp, you can expect to write for at least two and half hours each day.
Applications are open to all Monash University HDR candidates who:
- Have successfully completed one or more of their candidature milestones (at least Confirmation of Candidature);
- Can identify clear goals for their participation in Thesis Bootcamp;
- Are able to commit and participate in the program for all four days.
Places are limited to 40 participants. All participants are required to meet the eligibility criteria and commit to the full four-day program.
What happens next?
Applications are now closed. Successful applicants have been contacted and notified that they have been given a spot in the virtual thesis bootcamp. If you have any queries, please reach out to email@example.com