Would you like to join a University Committee?
Are you someone with good ideas and drive? Are you passionate about making a difference to the graduate student community? Then representing your cohort is a great opportunity for you!
The entire appointment process for these committees is conducted by the Monash Graduate Association (MGA), an independent external organisation. Here’s a few general points to be aware of when applying for a role on a committee:
- Applicants are welcome to submit their current resume as a PDF along with their Google application form.
- All information received will be treated confidentially and with care.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview.
For more information, please contact: MGA@monash.edu
Graduate Student Representative on the Coursework Admissions and Standards Sub Committee (CASSC)
CASSC is a sub-committee of the University Education Committee (UEC). This committee is responsible for providing advice and recommendations to the UEC and through the UEC to the Academic Board.
Examples of matters discussed include:
- Strategies, policies, procedures, business processes and standards relating to admissions and pathways to award and non-award courses.
- Determining equivalencies with the VCE for external qualifications for admission and credit purposes.
- Any considerations in relation to reports on admissions and pathways.
- Reporting on any coursework admissions matter, referred to it by the Council, University and faculty committees, or the senior executive.
Here’s a few things you should know:
- We are looking for a coursework graduate student for this role.
- CASSC will meet 4 times in 2023 (March/May/July/October).
- Meetings are conducted in hybrid mode.
- Student input is highly valued and the committee would like a passionate, committed representative who is comfortable voicing the student perspective.
- Meetings are collaborative in nature and students are encouraged to contribute to find solutions to issues that arise relating to coursework admissions and standards.
Applications close: 11:00pm on Friday, 24 February, 2023