We are offering three lucky graduate students a chance to “walk the talk” and offset their carbon footprint for the year!
As a sustainable organisation, the MGA purchased carbon offsets supporting the Yarra Yarra Biodiversity Corridor to neutralise our 2021 carbon emissions. We chose this project because it focusses on revegetation of deforested pasture land in Australia and has a strong emphasis on the employment and inclusion of the local Indigenous community.
We are offering graduate students the chance to first calculate their carbon footprint and then go in the draw to offset their carbon footprint for the year!
What exactly is a carbon footprint?
Carbon dioxide is the gas most commonly emitted by humans, along with others including methane, nitrous oxide, and fluorinated gases. These gases trap heat in the atmosphere, causing global warming.
A carbon footprint is the total amount of greenhouse gas emissions that come from the production, use and end-of-life of a product or service. For an individual, the bulk of one’s carbon footprint will come from transportation, housing and food.
How to enter
- Calculate your carbon footprint using this online calculator:
- The test takes approximately 5 minutes to complete. The questions are divided in three sections: Housing, Travel and Consumption.
- Submit a clear screenshot of your results or a copy of the email results in the Google Form below.
- Enter your details in the Google Form to go into a random draw to offset our carbon footprint for the year.
- Only one entry is allowed per participant.
The three lucky graduate student winners for this competition have been drawn! They are:
- Bo Zhang (3 tonnes offset)
- Emily Pryor (8 tonnes offset)
- Shreya Venkatesh (6 tonnes offset)
Altogether, the MGA off-set 17 tonnes of emissions on their behalf. Their Carbon Credits were purchased from Carbon Neutral (each valued at $319 as of Friday, 2 September 2022) and will support the Yarra Yarra Biodiversity Corridor project.
Start date: Monday, 26 September 2022 at 10.00am AEST
End date: Friday, 14 October 2022 at 4.00pm AEST
- The prize draw will take place on Monday, 17 October 2022 and winners will be notified within the week after.
- Please read the Terms and Conditions HERE.