In a bid to assist our hard-working mums and dads, the MGA launched its first-ever family syndicate room on Caulfield campus!
The MGA recognises graduate students who are also parents. We understand that juggling family life while studying can be a challenge, especially when there is not always last-minute help available to take care of the kids. In a bid to assist our hard-working mums and dads, the MGA has a family syndicate room within the Caulfield graduate student lounge (Level 2, Building C)
When it’s your turn to mind the kids but you really need to get that assignment or thesis chapter finished, book the MGA family syndicate room – a quiet room that is child friendly, with toys, books and an activity space to keep the kids busy for a few hours. Big win for our graduate student parents!
If you are a graduate student parent on another campus, do not be dismayed! We are just getting started and will use this as a trial to lobby for more space on other campuses. In fact, why don’t you email us to let us know you’d like facility this on your campus?
The MGA Family Syndicate room is equipped with:
For graduate students:
- Study space for 2 people
- Two office chairs
- White board and markers
For the children:
- Activity table with two chairs
- Art utensils with a mini blackboard, whiteboard and drawing paper
- Reading corner with books for all ages
- Toys and puzzles
- Tent, play mat and cushions
Donations of used books and toys for use in the room are gratefully accepted.
1) The MGA family syndicate room is located within the Caulfield MGA Graduate Student Lounge (Level 2, Building C), adjacent to the MGA office reception.
2) The room is available for booking from Monday to Friday between 11:00am and 5:00pm and can be booked for a maximum of 3 hours per day per postgraduate.
the requested date;
the requested start time and end time;
the purpose of the booking (eg:individual study/group study/meeting).
4) Email bookings are not confirmed until students receive an email confirmation from the MGA. Emails will be responded to within 24 hours (between Monday and Friday).
6) Upon first-time use, the student user will be required to fill in a registration form at the MGA reception.